Friday, May 16, 2008

Here in Berlin

Steven and I landed in Berlin yesterday after a long flight. We were happy to land and found our way to our hotel without trouble and were happy to do so. I had forgotten, but remembered upon arrival that I had read a review about how no one at the front desk spoke English, and the woman who helped us was kind to realize that my German skills were so poor. I gathered as much as I could from what she was saying and Steven and I left our bags with her until we could check in later, and headed off to see some nearby sites while we had the opportunity...and before we fell asleep. (Since we took the polar route while flying, we bypassed any part of the earth covered by darkness and were in sunlight for almost 24 hours. It made for a long day!)

Today, and just now in fact, we finished a four hour bike tour of Berlin, covering many of the major sites with Fat Tire Bike Tours (see link at right). We both enjoyed this very much and it gave a good overview of places to visit in the coming days. Here are some of the great things we saw today! Enjoy and we'll report again soon.











































(From Top to Bottom: Franzoeschier Dom, Concert Hall in Gedarnmarkt, church in Museum Island and in front of the remaining Berlin Wall)