The past few days have been filled with travel and adventure. We took the overnight sleeper bus to Guangzhou where Bethany flew home from. When Bethany had safely departed, I took the shuttle to the bus station, or so I thought. Three hours later, I was at the right place to get a bus to Hunan province. One more night spent on the bus. When I arrived at my destination, I opted for a two days stay. This gave me the opportunity to have some great meals before heading back to Yangshuo for some more quality vacation time.
Monday:
Breakfast was spicy noodles at a hole in the wall for 50 cents.
Lunch - a delicious pork dish, bamboo shoots, chinese cabbage, and tomatoes with sugar.
Dinner - pumpkin leaves, frog, and a bacon dish.
Tuesday:
Breakfast - Steamed dumpling at the 3 for 1 yuan joint. 1 yuan = 12 cents. 2 bananas for 12 cents.
Lunch - Hot pot. Hot pot is like a wok stuck on a little propane stove in the middle of your table. You order various foods to throw in the boiling liquid and eat out of the pot with everyone else at your table. I had all parts pig - bacon, feet, stomach, intestine with some bamboo shoots.
Dinner - a pack of crackers.
Back on the overnight train to Yangshuo....