Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Yangshuo - the second time around








Off the sleeper train, onto the bus, onto the next bus and I'm back in Yangshuo. It's such a lovely place.

I spent all day riding a rented bicycle around the countryside. Just what I wanted to do here. I got lost traversing the rice paddies, but that was okay - in fact, that's the point. I tried out at a paddy, but didn't get the job. I think if I knew Chinese that would help my employability, but let's be honest, I don't have any work experience either. I'll pick up the pieces tonight and pull myself together for one more shot at the job scene tomorrow.

So ride, sketch, ride, sketch, ride was what I did. It was great. It was hot. In the late afternoon, I hiked up a mountain and got a great view of all the hills. It was a totally exhausting day.




After I ate dinner, a couple of young folk asked me to join their english corner tonight, so I did. Those are quite fun, because all the kids like to ask all kinds of questions about your life and your country and stuff. I liked it and I now have to send out ten copies of a group photo we took.

So tomorrow, more of the same.....